Thursday, May 14, 2009

Secret Message.....


OK so these past few nights as I have knelt down to pray I have really been pouring out my heart to our Father in Heaven. I have been feeling so frustrated, confused, and worn down with were I am in life right now and on what I should be doing. I have been going to the lord with questions as well as wanting to know if he approves of my plan of action. Last night as I finished my prayer I looked at my night stand and there my scriptures were sitting. I usually ALWAYS read in the morning before I start my day but for some reason I had not read that morning! I actually remember thinking to myself, "Hailey, don't get your hopes up that there's going to be some secret message in there for you because there's probably not but if you expect Heavenly Father to help you, you have to put the effort in on your side" So I began reading where I had left off, Alma 56. As I was reading about all the wars and contentions going on, one verse in particular REALLY stood out to me! It was Alma 56:47(This verse is talking about the Stripling Warriors and how brave and faithful they were) this is found at the end of the verse and it says, "If they would not DOUBT, God would deliver them"! Then and there I realized that everything was going to be OK so long as I had faith and did not doubt in my Heavenly Father's plan for me.

In life it is so easy to get distracted and to lose sight of all the things that matter most but it is also SO important to stay positive and to remember everything that the Lord has blessed us with! There's a reason for all things, through trials we grow to learn and appreciate the good times! I have complete FAITH in my Father in Heaven's plan for me and when I am feeling down I need to remember all that I have been given! I know that there are probably going to be many more times were I am forgetful and end up "getting lost" but I know that my Heavenly Father LOVES me and will always send me a SECRET MESSAGE to help bring me back!

2 Amazing Thoughts:

Andrea said...

hailey...I can't tell you how many nights I spent on my knees when I was in college...desperately pleading with the Lord to help me know what He wanted me to do. Why were all of my roommates (25 of them over five years) blessed with finding their eternal companion while I was left single and lonely? Should I serve a mission? Should I stay in Utah or move to Oregon? Oh, I remember how agonizing those years were for me. Many nights, I fell asleep after shedding many many tears. As I look back on it all now, I can see the Lord's hand in every little detail of my life. Had He granted me my request 5 years earlier, I would never have been blessed with my dear Casey and my dear children. Have faith...one day you'll look back on this time and you'll see how the Lord walked you through every step of your life...right towards the rich blessings He has in store for you!

Jill said...

Beautiful post! Isn't it crazy how often we forget. I'm glad you were reminded and had your heart open to hearing what you needed! How would it be to have unshakeable faith!!?? Faith is a hard thing to learn too, I love the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. They were placed in the fiery furnace and said "our Lord will deliver us, but if not..."
They knew that they could trust God—even if things didn’t turn out the way they hoped. They knew that faith is more than mental assent, more than an acknowledgment that God lives. Faith is total trust in Him.
Faith is believing that although we do not understand all things, He does. Faith is knowing that although our power is limited, His is not. Faith in Jesus Christ consists of complete reliance on Him. The Lord can work miracles and He will do what is right for us...and maybe our prayers won't be answered with the answer we desire...so when "but if not" comes into play enduring is sometimes easier said than done!
I've been living the "but if not" and life does go on and miracles come in other ways! I hope that you will have the faith to endure! From our greatest adversities come our greatest blessings!
xoxo