Sunday, November 9, 2008

YSA Conference "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence"


This past Weekend was YSA(Young Single Adult) Conference. It was such a blast! I met so many fun new people that I am excited to continue getting to know! Both Saturday and Sunday we had an AMAZING speaker named Brother Bartholomew. He was AWESOME x 10! He spoke using Jeffrey R. Hollands BYU Devotional called "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence". It was everything that I needed to hear and more. He told us that we are in the most important time of our lives(choosing an eternal companion) and that Satan would be working on us twice as hard when we did find that certain someone we were compatible with. We were reminded that we cannot sign on for a moment of such eternal significance and everlasting consequence without knowing it will be a fight--a good fight and a winning fight, but a fight nevertheless. That we should not let fear get in the way and let something great pass us by. He emphasized that we must NOT draw back, that we shouldn't panic, retreat,and lose our confidence. That we should never forget how we once felt and never to distrust the experience we had. Jeffrey R. Holland said this,“With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Cast not away therefor your confidence. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. Face your doubts. Master your fears. Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you.”

Opposition turns up almost any place something good has happened, It Is evidence that we are on the RIGHT path!

I think the most IMPORTANT thing that I got out of this talk was to rely and have faith in my Father In Heaven. To listen to his counsel and to apply it personally in my life. Not to let my fears hold me back from blessings Heavenly Father is patiently waiting to give me. Like Jeffrey R. Holland said, Our faith will be tested as we fight through these self-doubts and second thoughts, but we need to dismiss our fears and wade in with both feet. I think that this applies to a lot more than just marriage! I think we all have things in our lives that pertain to fear and the courage it takes to overcome it! I don't want to let anything GREAT pass me by. I know that through Heavenly Father all things are possible! When ever we are facing the adversary or opposition and we feel like giving in , remember that the the lord is ALWAYS there for us! That there is light and hope and a bright future ahead! All we have to do is TRUST in the God of Glory and remember our ultimate goal....Eternal Happiness!

2 Amazing Thoughts:

Amber said...

Good for you! Sounds like a wonderful devotional/conference! I am happy for you.

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing that! I needed to hear that- you're awesome. You're still coming to Rexburg right?