Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't Waste The Pretty...

Dedicated to my girls(you know who you are)


A few words of advice for any single girl out there struggling in the relationship area...! Lately I have had so many friends ask my advice or share stories about the guys that they are either with or want to be with. I'm not a professional when it comes to this kind of thing(obviously)but I do know that it is almost impossible to recognize the truth when it's you personally struggling in this department(I am 110% guilty of this). I'm going to tell you straight up how it is from the outside looking in. I'm sorry if this is hard to hear but your going to have to face it, it's the truth. Believe me it sucks, I know, I've been there! I'm just trying to help save you some time and maybe even a potential heartbreak!

1.)Don't waste your time on a guy that isn't clear about his feelings for you from the start. You deserve more than always wondering and trying to figure him and his feelings out. If it is too hard to move on because you have that constant hope that "maybe" he does like you, CALL HIM OUT ON IT! It's scary but you will feel so much better once you know the truth one way or another.

2.)If he starts making excuses it's probably not a good sign...examples(afraid of getting hurt, not ready for a relationship, still trying to find himself, financially not ready, commitment phobia, etc...) Who knows there may be times were these aren't just excuses but indeed the actual truth. The fact of the matter is that if he really does like you, he will get over his issues FAST and make sure he doesn't lose you. Don't let his personal complications confuse you into waiting around for him.
3.) A guy always gets what he wants. If it's you he wants he'll make sure you know it!

4.) If he is constantly disappointing you then ask yourself one question: Do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who is OK with disappointing you...? Answer: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.) If you are never going on official dates and are always just "hanging out" that is a sign of FRIENDSHIP! If he is interested he will make sure to make you feel special even if it's just a small simple act(picnic at the park, taking you to a movie, walking by the river, feeding ducks, making you dinner, etc...)!


I realize that there are always exceptions to the rules(2% of the time) but remember that you are AMAZING and you deserve the best! You are not easily forgotten, if he does like you then let him find you when he is ready. In the mean time don't dwell on the way things should be or could be. Wake up every morning with a smile on your face knowing that you are beautiful and that you can conquer the world because YOU CAN! It is so hard when things don't go the way you had hoped or when rejection is pushed in your direction! Think about how happy you will be when you finally do meet the man of your dreams. All of your waiting will have been worth it. One day your prince charming will come and you will live HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

4 Amazing Thoughts:

Francisco J. Darquea said...

Those are so true Hailey. Honestly, I dated a lot of boys and most of them were fun and great. But if they ever start making those excuses, know immediately that he just wants to be friends--- I dated a kid whom I really liked and he always told me he just couldn't get married while he was still in school, he was afraid of commitment, etc, etc. A month later, he started seriously dating a girl, got engaged and married in less than a year! I just wasn't his girl. (and that's okay!)
Anyway, listen to the spirit-- you can recieve dating advice from him, you just have to listen! and obey it!
and everyone can find a happily ever after in their life. Just be yourself!

Love you!!
Emma

Lindsay Marchant said...

Good advice...listen to it (hays)!! Love you.

Me. said...

oh girl... uh huh! I know what you mean! CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!

<3
Kae

Elyse said...

Sooo good! I completely agree with what you said!