Monday, October 28, 2013

Bad Hair Days

The thing that hairdressers never tell a client is that they too have bad hair days. Not the kind that you are thinking about though. The kind that causes deep stress and anxiety. The kind that can cause you to stay up all night reliving every moment spent on a client. The kind that make you doubt your abilities and talents. Every once in awhile you feel unsure and frankly unhappy with a color or cut that was done on one of your clients. Lame Spice! That day for me was today...bum deal. I want to say it happens once or twice a year which is more than any of us would like but none the less it still happens and it sucks. Tonight I did a color and cut that I was not content with, The color was fine it was the silly cut that I am not happy with. We took lots off and although I knew it would be a change for my client I still felt as though she was not happy with it. Worst feeling EVER!! I didn't have time to make any changes due to having more appointments. I wanted to spend more time perfecting but couldn't...grrr! I am probably making a bigger deal of this than it really is but hey that's what happens in a people pleasing kind of job. I want everyone to leave my salon in love with themselves and more confident then when they walked through my doors. I know that I am good at what I do, I have full faith in my abilities as a stylist but it's nights like these that make me want to throw in the towel. Hair is a big deal to people. It can make or break their everyday. It sounds silly but it's the truth. Being a hair dresser is rewarding and I love it but man oh man those few bad hair days a year are no fun at all!

0 Amazing Thoughts: