Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jared & Hailey

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas, and I had the privilege to meet you!

MEET JARED: Jared is AMAZING!!! Oh my heck I just adore this boy. He has one of the strongest testimonies of anyone I have EVER met! I love how much the Gospel means to him and how evident that has become to me through just simply watching his actions and how he handles every day situations. Jared is a hard worker and has ambition. He knows the importance of getting things done. One of my many favorite things about him is his love for his family. They are his heart and soul! It is cute just watching him light up as he talks about each of them...can't help but to smile! Jared is HILARIOUS!!! I probably laugh about 100 times a day! He is just an all around GREAT catch! I'm one LUCKY girl, the LUCKIEST!!

HOW WE MET:
This is actually a really funny story, I love it!! Jared served in the Eugene Oregon Mission while I was across the country serving in the Southern states. He first met my brother while in La Pine for 6 months. Chad(brother) was his ward mission leader so they got the chance to work side by side the entire time. Jessica and Jet(sister-In-Law and Nephew) actually went out to Utah and stayed with Jared's family for a week last year...How crazy is that!?!!! I of course had no idea who this adorable boy was and what all was going on back home.

Jessica and Jet in Utah with their ward and Lindsay(Jareds little sister)last spring!Lindsay(Jared's little sister) with JetJared on his mission

Story continued... so a little later down the road Jared was transferred to the Springfield area. He covered two wards...my parents ward and my older sister Lindsay's ward!! He served there for 7 1/2 months. Lindsay had a neighbor who had just begun taking the missionary lessons so Jared was over all the time teaching those lessons. Lindsay's little family instantly fell in love with "Elder Turner". Lindsay would always write and tell me about this amazing missionary who she just had to set me up with when I got home. I guess she would say the same things to him too. Neither of us really responded or thought much about of it...just Lindsay being Lindsay..haha I adore her! So when I got home from my mission I was in no way looking for someone to marry or even date for that matter. I was completely content and to be honest I was actually talking to a really GREAT guy who I will always love and respect. Lindsay however had other plans in store. She was in line with our Heavenly Father. I think they were plotting this out together(seriously would not surprise me)! She would not get off this Elder Turner kick. She talked about him non-stop. Apparently she facebook stalked him and sent him a message giving him my number and telling him to call me. He did. I answered. It went well. He asked me out. I said yes. Two weeks later....
THE FIRST DATE:I totally expecting it to be awkward x 10. I was ready to go and get it over with. I was ready for Lindsay to leave me alone with the whole Jared Turner thing..haha So, Jared came to pick me up around 4:00 in the after
noon. The first thing I thought when I saw him was, "Crap, he's a cutie"...haha We hit it off within the first second. It came so naturally. We laughed and joked throughout the entire evening. We went to temple square and walked around a while before eating dinner on the roof top of the Joseph Smith building(over looking the temple). It was an AMAZING view...so much fun! After dinner we went to a space planetarium, statue garden and last but not least hiked Ensign peak...BAREFOOT!!!! It was crazy AWESOME!!! It was a date that I thought nothing about and didn't think anything would come of BUT...It turned out to be a date of a life time. It changed everything in a matter of hours. At the conclusion of that day, I was falling for a boy I hardly even knew. It was the strangest feeling in the world. It was the beginning....More happiness to come in the future :)

5 Amazing Thoughts:

Kelli Stockford said...

Congratulations Hailey! I would agree that Jared is an amazing guy. I had the opportunity to sit in on a few lessons that he taught and he taught with confidence and the Holy Spirit. Best of Luck to both of you. Amazing the journeys we go on to become who we need to be and where we need to be to get blessing from Heavenly Father.

Blair and Leslie said...

I am so excited for you!! This is CRAZY!! I heard about it from Lindsay, and at first I thought she was joking.

Sarah Peterson said...

oooh baby! Love is in the air! Good luck! Make sure you give it time though, don't rush anything ;) You have eternity after all!

Karen K. said...

One of my absolute favorite missionaries ever. Face it, if I remember them, they made a good impression! ;) I'm happy for you.

NYTON DAZE said...

Miss Hailey, what did I say when I saw you at your homecoming? I love you so much and it is magical when it's right. You just know!!! I am so happy for you and look forward to hear about your budding relationship!!!